Welcome to this guide on accessing Sky Go on your Nvidia Shield TV! Sky Go is a popular streaming service that offers a wide range of TV shows, movies, sports, and other content. With the Nvidia Shield TV, you can now watch your favorite Sky Go shows and movies on your TV screen. This guide will provide step-by-step instructions on accessing and streaming Sky Go on your Nvidia Shield TV. So let’s get started!
Sky Go is a live TV service offered by Sky, a British telecommunications company. It allows Sky TV customers in the UK and Ireland to watch live and on-demand TV on multiple devices, such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones, as long as they have an internet connection.
Sky Go offers access to various live channels, including sports, entertainment, news, and documentaries. Users can also watch on-demand content, such as TV series and movies, and download content to watch offline.
To use Sky Go, customers need to have a Sky ID and a subscription to Sky TV, and they can register up to six devices to their account. Some content on Sky Go may be subject to geographic restrictions, depending on the rights Sky owns for that particular content.
How to Sideload Sky Go on Nvidia Shield
To sideload Sky Go on Nvidia Shield, follow the steps below:
- First, enable developer mode on your Nvidia Shield by going to Settings > About > click on “Build” 7 times until you see the message “You are now a developer.”
- Next, install the “Downloader” app on your Nvidia Shield from the Google Play Store.
- Open the “Downloader” app and type in the following URL (This is the direct download link for the Sky Go APK file).
- Once the file is downloaded, click the “Install” button to install the Sky Go app on your Nvidia Shield.
After installing the Downloader app, you should enable the unknown sources setting for the Downloader app.
- Go to Settings on Nvidia Shield.
- Select Security & Restrictions and click on Unknown Sources.
- Select the Downloader app and turn on the settings.
After installation, launch the Sky Go app and sign in with your Sky Go account details to stream your favorite content.
Note: Keep in mind that sideloading apps on Nvidia Shield can sometimes be risky and can also result in unsupported issues with the app. Therefore, make sure to download the Sky Go APK from a trusted source and proceed with caution.
Sideload and Watch Sky Go on Nvidia Shield
1. Open the Downloader app on your Nvidia Shield TV.
2. Tap Allow to grant storage permission. Click OK if a quick start guide dialog box appears.
4. Click the Home tab. Enter the Sky Go APK download link in the URL field. Tap Go.
5. Once the download is completed, open the file and click Install.
6. After the installation, click open to run the Sky Go app on Nvidia Shield.
7. Login with your Sky TV username and password to continue. Now, enjoy watching Sky TV shows and live sports on your TV.
Watch Sky Go on Nvidia Shield Using Puffin TV Browser
While Nvidia Shield is primarily designed for streaming media content, browsing web pages using the Puffin TV browser is possible. Sideloading the Chrome browser on Nvidia Shield is also possible, but navigating web pages with Chrome can present some challenges.
1. Open the Play Store on Nvidia Shield.
2. Search for Puffin TV-Browser and select it from the search results.
3. Click Install to get Puffin TV Browser on your Nvidia Shield.
4. Tap Open to launch the Browser.
5. Enter the Search or Type URL box and visit the website.
6. Tap Sign In and log in with Sky TV account credentials.
7. Browse the library and click on any title to start streaming.
How to Cast Sky Go to Nvidia Shield
Since the Sky Go app has a built-in cast feature, you can easily cast Sky Go to Nvidia Shield.
1. Connect your Nvidia Shield and Android device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install Sky Go from the Play Store and open the app on your Android.
3. Click the Cast icon and choose your Nvidia Shield.
4. Play a Sky Go show, and it will play on the TV screen.
List of Channels available on Sky Go
|Movies||Sky Cinema Premier, Sky Cinema Select, Sky Cinema Hits, Sky Cinema Greats, Sky Cinema Animation, Sky Cinema Family, Sky Cinema Action, Sky Cinema Comedy, Sky Cinema Thriller, Sky Cinema Drama, Sky Cinema Sci-Fi & Horror|
|Entertainment||5star, Albi, Channel 4, Channel 5, RTE One, RTE 2, ITV 4, Sky Atlantic, Syfy, Good Food, ITVBe, ITV, ITV 2, ITV 3, MTV, STV, Vice, Sky One, More 4, Sky Arts, GOLD, Sky Arts and more.|
|Kids||Boomerang, Cartoonito, Cartoon Network, CITV, Nicktoons, Baby TV, Nickelodeon, Nick JR, RTE Jr|
|Documentary||Animal Planet, Crime & Investigation Network, Discovery Channel, Eden, Sky History, Sky History 2 HD, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, Sky Nature, Sky Documentaries, Sky History|
|News||Sky News, CNBC|
|International||Star Plus, Sony TV, Colors, Zee TV, Star Gold|
|Sports||BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, BT Sport ESPN, ViaPlay Sports, Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Golf, Sky Sports Racing, Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Mix|
To conclude, accessing Sky Go on your Nvidia Shield TV requires several tools and steps. First, you need to download and install the Sky Go app on your Android smartphone or tablet and then use a screen mirroring app to cast your device’s screen to your Nvidia Shield TV. Alternatively, using the Downloader app, you can install the Sky Go app directly on your Nvidia Shield TV. While Nvidia Shield is primarily a media streaming device, it is also possible to use a browser to surf the web on the device. With these steps and tools, you can enjoy live and on-demand TV content from Sky Go on your Nvidia Shield TV.