Looking to quickly and easily combine multiple PDF files into a single document? You’ve come to the right place! In this tutorial, we’ll explore two simple and efficient methods that will enable you to merge your PDF files with ease. Simply follow along and you’ll have your new file in no time!
- What is PDF merging?
- How to merge PDF files?
- Method 1: Merge PDF Files with PDF Shaper Free
- Method 2: Combine PDF files without software with Adobe Acrobat
What is PDF merging?
Merging PDF files is a simple process that involves combining multiple PDF documents into a single file. This technique offers numerous benefits.
To begin with, merging PDF files makes it easier for you to share your documents with collaborators, accountants, or other recipients. Instead of sending multiple files, you can send a single document, saving time and effort.
Moreover, combining PDF files allows you to have a comprehensive overview of several documents in a single window, which is much more convenient than switching between different tabs.
Lastly, merging PDF files helps declutter your disk, making it easier for you to find specific files when you need them. This can save you time and effort in the long run.
How to merge PDF files?
Combining PDF files is a straightforward process, but it requires specialized tools. As mentioned earlier, there are two methods available: using free software such as PDF Shaper Free or opting for a free online tool like Adobe Acrobat. The procedure is essentially the same in both cases; it’s simply a matter of personal preference.
If you don’t want your PDF files to go through a remote server to be merged, we suggest using the software solution. However, if the PDF files you want to combine are not confidential, the online tool can be a convenient option since you won’t need to install anything on your computer. The choice ultimately depends on your preferences and needs.
Method 1: Merge PDF Files with PDF Shaper Free
PDF Shaper Free is an all-in-one free software that offers various features for editing PDF files. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to use.
With PDF Shaper Free, you can not only merge PDF files but also convert them to another format and add a signature. The tool also allows you to extract text, images, or pages from a PDF file. Furthermore, it includes a security module that allows you to protect your PDF documents with a password.
Overall, PDF Shaper Free is an excellent tool for anyone who works with PDFs regularly. However, note that some options may require payment. Without further ado, let’s dive into how to merge PDFs using this software. Let’s get started!
1. Start by downloading PDF Shaper Free from the publisher’s official website. To do this, click on the “ Download ” button. Note that the software is free for personal (non-commercial) use.
2. Then proceed to install the software.
Warning: during installation, the program offers to install third-party software (crapware), uncheck the “ Install BrunAware Professional ”
box, then click “ Next ”.
3. Open PDF Shaper Free software.
4. From its interface, under the “Document” section, click “ Merge ” in the left pane.
5. Now select the PDF files to merge. To do this, hold CTRL down the key on your keyboard, then click on the PDF files. Once you have made your selection, click on “ Open ”.
6. Now click on the “ Proceed ” button.
7. Give your new document a name, then click “ Save ” to start the merging process.
8. Wait a few seconds during the merging process, then click ” OK “.
✅ Your PDF files are now merged. You can find your file in the location you previously defined.
Method 2: Combine PDF files without software with Adobe Acrobat
Adobe, the creator of PDFs, provides several free online tools, including one for merging PDFs. The interface of Adobe’s free online tool for combining PDF files is clean, simple, and easy to use.
You don’t need to register to use the tool for the first time. However, if you want to use the tool again, you’ll need to log in using your Google, Facebook, or Apple account, or by creating an account with your email address and password. Registering also grants access to additional features, such as the ability to share your file by generating a link or sending it via email.
To merge PDF files with Adobe’s online tool, I invite you to follow these few steps:
1. Start by going to the Adobe site.
2. Then click the ” Select Files ” button to select your PDF files to merge.
3. Now you have the option to change the merging order of your PDF files. To do this, hold down the left click on the file to be moved, and drag it to the desired location. Once done, click the “ Merge ” button.
4. Finally, click the ” Download ” button to download your combined PDF file.
That’s it, now you know how to merge PDF files easily and quickly using the methods described above. Of course, there are a multitude of similar tools, but I cannot list them all.